PERISSOS VINEYARD ASSISTANT
Perissos Vineyards is currently looking to hire a Vineyard Assistant to help with our property and vineyard management. The optimal candidate would be someone interested in cultivating their knowledge and skills in the area of growing premium wine grapes in the Texas Hill Country.
Perissos Vineyards is a premium wine company that is proud to call the Texas Hill Country our home.
- Hand pruning. Tying, training, and suckering of grapevines. Thinning of plants utilizing hand shears.
- Directs vineyard workforce consisting of labor crews, contractors, and/or volunteers
- Monitors crops for insect & disease pressure
- Highly competent tractor and equipment operator
- Certified or willing to be certified as an applicator
- Maintains accurate, timely records of daily events, equipment and work schedules for vineyard employees
- Reviews and approves timecard data daily to ensure accuracy in payroll
- Successfully manages people; provides performance feedback on employees to owner as needed
- Represents vineyard and vineyard owner in absence of vineyard owner and/or conducts market and guest tours, deals with outside vendors, at meetings in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Works nights and weekends as required throughout the year; must have the ability to work up to 6 days a week for 8-10 consecutive hours outdoors, and to report to work in early morning hours
- Takes on special projects as assigned by the vineyard owner
Strong communication skills are essential with the ability to speak and write effectively and efficiently; proficiency in Spanish and English is required. This position requires excellent planning and organizational skills as well as the ability and desire to be a team player. Demonstrates great people skills; the ability to build positive, constructive relationships at all levels of the company. Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation.
• Ability to work and be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to stand, bend, squat, and twist on uneven vineyard terrain
• Ability to bend, kneel and twist repetitively throughout work shift.
• Repetitive lifting to 40 pounds required.
• Occasional long-term standing or walking on uneven ground during work shift.
• Repetitive wrist movement that encompasses squeezing, rotating and bending.
• Ability to have arm movement to encompass extension, raising and bending.
• Able to work weekends or nights.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
• Must be able to understand and follow all safety procedures.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates can send their resume to: email@example.com